I love almost anything with flavor which is why I tend to struggle a bit with drinking the recommend eight 8 -ounce glasses of water a day. The benefits of water alone should have us all drinking the mandatory amount. Water helps keep the skin looking good, helps the kidneys, control calories, helps with fatigue and even headaches. For 2016 I decided to tackle this bad habit but I also wanted to make it fun. Everyone around me is into this trend of fruit infused water so I decided to jump into it as well. I’m hoping to make this more of a lifestyle-drinking fruit infused water. In the video I share just how easy it is to start drinking fruit infused water, I found four that easily had me sipping the eight 8-ounces a day, detoxing, and slimming down at the same time.
Lemon Detox Water
The first one is lemon water which is so good for the body. It helps with digestion, flushes out toxins and cleanses the liver. It also helps reduce joint pain. Read up more on it and do your research. No need for steps with this one because it’s that simple. Enjoy it warm or cold. What I also like to do is add coconut water when sipping this fruit infused water through out the day.
Dieter’s Wonder Water
Did you know that apples and cinnamon can raise your metabolism?! This blend is extremely high in antioxidants, flavanoids, Vitamins C, and B Complex. The health benefits from drinking this detox water may help reduce the risk of developing cancer, hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, and relieving arthritis.
- 1 or 1/2 of an apple thinly sliced, I like Granny Smith but pick your favorite.
- 1 cinnamon stick, I use two and I don’t recommend using powdered cinnamon.
- Ice (optional)
Belly Slimming Detox Water
Like I state in the video, I chose this fruit infused water because it’s refreshing and aids in weight loss. The cucumbers are good for the skin and rids the body of toxins, strawberries are a natural energy booster and has enough fiber to boost your digestion. My favorite part of this water is the basil because it helps curb the appetite. But be careful not to add too much- I did that and it didn’t taste so great.
- Ice (optional)
- 3 Basil leaves roughly chopped (I only use two)
- 1 strawberry sliced (I use three)
- 3 – 5 slices of cucumber (I use 6-8)
- For more flavor I also added lime (optional)
Dr. Oz Fat Flush Detox Water
Dr. Oz is famous for his wonderful health tips so when I saw the name Dr. Oz on this fruit infused water I had to try and it is my favorite so far. Anything with the word Fat Flush gets me excited. This water is an excellent way to help rid the body of unwanted toxins and lose a bit of weight in the process. With this water I feel it’s necessary to really break down the benefits of each ingredient.
- Grapefruits actually turns fat into fuel. They are are high in fiber, low in calories, and increase the body’s metabolic rate.
- Cucumbers help rid your body of toxins.
- Tangerines contain natural soluble and insoluble fiber which aids in eliminating waste from the body.
- Peppermint is a good source of manganese, copper, and vitamin C. Peppermint also curbs the appetite. In the video I use basil which does the same.
Instructions and tips for all of the fruit infused waters above.
- Wash all of the organic fruits and cut into pieces or pretty slices.
- In the video I used a 2 quart pitcher and 20 ounce mason jars.
- Don’t drink the water right away. Steep overnight or refrigerate for 2-4 hours. The goal is to allow the fruit to infuse the water.
- I recommend switching out the fruits daily.
Hope you all enjoy this healthy fruit infused/detox segment as much as I am daily. It’s a win-win! Hydrate with flavor while detoxing. Enjoy!